Bushwah ([personal profile] bushwah) wrote2019-06-27 11:04 pm
18

het ships, consent, squee

Consent is fucking adorable and I'm trying to write Serious Sexy Romance but I'm just getting... teens who are so absolutely fucking smitten with each other and care So Much about each other's boundaries and it's too CUTE I have to take breaks to SCREAM.

I haven't shipped much het before, and it comes easier than I expected. It's about the same as slash except that the pronouns are simpler. I think I'm really going in the right direction with them being SHY and CARING ABOUT EACH OTHER.

It's also the first consensual romance/sex I've written, which means I keep running into things like "wait, they both want to get each other alone?? sounds fake but okay" and "how would each go about leaving the other the opportunity to refuse this?" that I haven't ever tried to convey in a story before.

They've barely touched each other and I already have so many feelings

(The ship in question is NaruHina, which I've mostly read as morally-ambiguous!Naruto/starstruck!Hinata, but can still totally ship as equals.)
wolffyluna: A green unicorn holding her tail in her mouth (Default)

[personal profile] wolffyluna 2019-06-28 01:08 am (UTC)(link)
Ooh, that's exciting! I'm glad you're having fun writing the fic!